Click Here for the 2013-14 Prospectus
In September 2008 certain changes came into force regarding the post-16 curriculum. They were introduced to encourage a greater breadth of study post-16 and to allow students to combine academic and vocational studies. They can be summarised as follows:
- The first year of Advanced level courses will consist of an AS level (2 units)
- The second year of Advanced Level is called A2 (a further 2 units)
- BTEC and double GCSE awards in applied subjects with Maths and English GCSE retake option.
- It is expected that the most able A-Level students will ultimately take an AS level in addition to three A-Levels, and that most students will start their lower sixth with 4 AS courses.
- Students may start on level 2 courses to retake Maths and English GCSE and achieve BTec L2 qualifications, then progress onto A Levels, so completing 3 years in 6th Form.
Students will make their final choices from four blocks. They will be given guidance in choosing the most appropriate courses and the most suitable number of subjects to take Personal Development
In addition to regular studies all students take Religious Education, follow a Personal Guidance course and have the opportunity of recreational Physical Education lessons.
Click here to download and print application forms.