Bishop Douglass Sixth Form students celebrate their best results ever!
The Bishop Douglass Sixth Form is delighted to share the results and prestigious destinations achieved by A Level and Vocational students. In the face of incredibly challenging circumstances, the resilience of students at the Sixth Form, complemented by the support of experienced and passionate teachers has seen another year of exceptional results.
- 42.5% of students achieved an A*-A grade
- The number of students attaining A*-B grades rose by 20 percentage points to 75%
- 92% of students gained A*-C grades.
Top university destinations include Imperial College London, Birmingham, Queen Mary University of London, Southampton, Brunel and London School of Economics. Students are embarking on a number of degree pathways including; Chemical Engineering, Political Sciences, Philosophy, Economics to name a few.
As well as the collective successes mentioned, the Sixth Form remains very proud of each students’ individual story, each a display of hard work, dedication and perseverance. Some stand out achievements include:
- Aymen achieved a clean sweep of A*s and has secured a place at Imperial College London to read Engineering.
- Jordan celebrates A*A*A in Chemistry, Physics and Maths and looks forward to embarking on his next adventure at the University of Birmingham where he will study Chemical Engineering.
- Lady only joined Bishop Douglass in Year 10, however has made incredible progress as she achieved A*AB and will commence her university studies of Actuarial Studies at Queen Mary University of London.
Miss Binz, Head of Sixth Form commented: “As a Sixth Form we are focused on providing every student with the resources, knowledge and support to achieve what they require for their chosen next steps. It has been a privilege to work alongside this group of motivated and passionate students, and it is fantastic to see many of them accepting places at their first-choice university and embarking on exciting apprenticeships”.
Ms Henderson, Head of School stated: “Our student achievements are inspirational, and I hope that every one of them are incredibly proud of themselves, as we are too. The hard work and talents of each student and the commitment of the whole school community has been commendable, and I wish our students the very best for their exciting futures”.
Further information about our star performers can be found here