Why join our sixth form?
A step change to independence and new experiences
We believe that the best education following GCSEs is our own sixth form and the majority of our students stay on to study close on 30 subjects, including 22 A Levels, 6 BTEC courses and an Extended Project Qualification. Our dedication and passion to ensure a smooth transition process from Year 11 to Sixth Form is just as important as the move from Year 6 to 7. A taster of what we provide, in chronological order, is captured below:
- An informative and engaging Sixth Form open evening in November
- Detailed Year 11 assemblies featuring new subjects in November and December
- Support with applications that are due in December
- Interviews with members of the Senior Leadership Team in January
- Year 11 and Sixth Form coffee mornings throughout January, February and March
- Sixth Form taster day at the end of March
- Sixth form transition work set for the summer holidays
- Enrolment on GCSE results day in August
- Sixth Form induction day in September
- Year 12 up the ante evening in September.
Find our more about our sixth form, here: https://www.bishopdouglass.barnet.sch.uk/page/?title=Why+Join+Us%3F&pid=131