Results and DFE Performance Tables
We are celebrating another great set of results this year!
Key Stage 4
Our GCSE results were outstanding. Of the students entered for GCSE:
- Progress 8 score was +1.39 (well above the national average).
- Attainment 8 score was 53.4 (well above the national average).
- 45% of students attained a strong pass in English and Maths (broadly in line with the national average average).
- 61.3% of students were entered for the EBacc.
- 28% of students passed the EBacc (grade 5 and above).
- ALPS Key Stage 4 score is 2.
We are especially pleased with the number of higher grades across a range of subjects:
% 9-7 Chemistry (80%), Physics (55%), Computer Science (44%), RE (42%) and Spanish (29%).
We are very proud of each individual child and their own personal achievements.
Key Stage 5
We are pleased to report a 99% pass rate at A level (39% A*-B and 73% A* - C grades).
- The average progress made in GCSE English was +0.42.
- The average progress made in GCSE Maths was + 0.65.
- The progress students have made compared with students across England was 28.71 for A levels and 24.84 for Applied General.
- The average grade at KS5 was C for A levels and Merit for applied general.
- Student retention was 72% for A levels and 68% for Applied General. These figures reflect the fact that Year 12 students take 4 courses and select 3 to continue in Year 13
Information based on Department for Education provisional results summer 2019
Last year 73% of Year 11 progressed to the Sixth Form and 27% of Year 11 went on to Further Education with other providers.
- 84% of students went on to study at university in 2019, 5% of those students secured places at Russell group universities.
- 3% are taking a gap year and will apply to University for 2019-20
- 4% have entered employment
- 3% are studying at HE institutions
- 3% are in apprenticeships and 3% have moved abroad to their home country.
DFE Performance Tables