Nurturing ambition, boosting resilience, developing leadership and team building skills will be encouraged to ensure that your personal development and wellbeing are a priority.
We concentrate on developing self-confidence, community awareness, self-esteem and softer ‘transferable’ skills as part of building your portfolio of work and personal life attributes.
Throughout the Sixth Form, you will be encouraged to assume positions of responsibility to aid in the development of these key skills whilst supporting the school and Sixth Form.
Opportunities for leadership and enhancing your skill set include:
- A range of senior leadership and peer mentoring roles including: Head Boy/Girl; Deputy Head Boy/Girl; Senior Prefect for Peer Mentoring and New Starters; the Charity Events Committee and Common Room Committee
- Student-led programmes, including involvement in our Student Council and creating and running clubs for younger students
- An enhanced Leadership Programme where sixth formers learn to become leaders in their chosen field
- Study and Entrepreneurial Life Skills Programme
- Support with CV writing and job interview preparation.