Vision and Mission
Bishop Douglass School Mission
- We strive to make known to all our community that Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life and that God loves us all as unique and precious.
- We aim that all members of our community grow in the example of Christ, and live out the teachings of the Sermon on the Mount.
- Our pupils are supported to develop their prayer life, as life in all its fullness centres on a deepening relationship with God.
- Our community recognises its obligations to see Christ in everyone and to reach out in a charitable and loving way to all people.
- We are committed to the Common Good and to being good stewards of our planet.
Bishop Douglass School Motto
Being the best we can be.
Diversity with respect.
Supporting each other within our Catholic community.
Bishop Douglass School Vision
In Pursuit of Excellence, An Outstanding School
- High expectations, underpinned by outstanding teaching.
- Well-organised, well resourced and providing a first class learning environment for 11-19 education.
- Consistently the highest achieving school at GCSE and A level.
- At the heart of the local community, providing a wide range of courses and facilities and having a reputation as a traditional, strict and high achieving school.
- Students have excellent standards of behaviour, are smart, self-reliant, resilient, punctual and polite.
- Supporting pupils to maximise their potential through the curriculum and extracurricular provision, irrespective of their starting point.
- In which people are proud to work; providing opportunities and support for professional development. An 'Investor in People' .
- Inclusive, caring and where gospel values underpin a supportive ethos, manifesting in respect for every individual.